LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Blog; Day 292

Friday.  I just love fridays expect for the part where I have to be in class until 5 pm.  Today is my cousins 30th birthday and we are going out to dinner.  I am so excited I love food in case you hadn't noticed.  Love it, just love it.  ahhhh mmm food.  Oh oh sorry I am back.  Anyway we went to dinner.  As we were headed down to Black Angus my aunt and I were talking about school and how I got to see my 2nd graders yesterday.  When I got out of the car I noticed some people walking out of the door.  I thought for a minute that they looked familiar... it was one of my students and her mother! When she recognized me she was so excited and came up and hugged me and her mother gave me a hug too.  Honestly that is what I live for.  That is what makes it worth doing, besides seeing students understanding and mastering learning.  The look on her face I am sure was reflected in my face.

Dinner was decent.  It was hard not to want to eat a roll or 5 and I obsessed over the pazookie cookie with vanilla bean ice cream melting into an ooey gooey lake all over the still hot cookie.  BUT... i resisted.  I feel successful when I am able to resist but honestly I thought about that dessert for at least an hour after dinner.  I am really really struggling these days.  I haven't fallen off the wagon but I am finding ways to cheat within the guidelines.  Cheating is Cheating whether it is in the guidelines or out.  Yes I am doing things differently but the big thing is why am I cheating at all!    hmmmm let me think about this for a little bit......nope still thinking about the cookie!

Love Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment