LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Friday, October 28, 2011

Dear Blog; Day 291

It is a half day today!!! Yeah, except I have to go and sit with my other mentor teacher from 2nd grade and experience parent teacher conferences.  I am excited to meet with the parents but it is a daunting task to have all of those conferences, I think that is the part of teaching that I am looking forward to least.

I finished up with 5th grade and raced over to my other school (following the speed limit and all traffic signs of course) because I wanted to see my 2nd graders before they headed home for the day. I was so worried that I would miss them; I didn't.  I got there and surprised them in computer lab.  I nearly got knocked over trying to get in the door, with hugs!  It was a great feeling.  At 7 and 8 years old they still love you.  Do I want to teach 2nd not really but do I love the kids, you betcha!

It was so fun to sit down and talk with some of the parents and to be present for the conference side.  I was interested to hear what some of the parents had to say and to actually spend a couple of minutes with some of the parents that I had not had the opportunity to meet or talk to previously. 

All in all it was a good day and it was a great time, long but worth it!

Love,  Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment